As a leader in the design and manufacture of custom computer chassis, at Pro-Type Industries, Incorporated, our portfolio of work is extensive, and includes everything from the smallest unit to highly complex, large scale assemblies. This project represents one of the most complex and involved chassis assemblies that our team has fabricated. The project was requested by a Virginia-based aerospace manufacturer who required five of these 20” x 19” x 5” assemblies within a four-week time frame. Although we possess vast resources, the complexity of the design and sheer number of processes involved made completing the work on time a serious challenge. Since dozens of components would have to be manufactured simultaneously, efficient front end coordination would be crucial. Laser cutters and a number of CNC mills had to operate in tandem to complete parts and get them ready for our welding department, which TIG welded the parts, prior to dip brazing of the assembly by one of our fully vetted and trusted vendors. The finishing requirements, like the other project specifications, were complex as well, and included intricate masking, custom powder coating, and multi-color screen printing.
All of these requirements were made even more challenging by the tight dimensional tolerances, many as close as ±.001”, and compounded by the extreme precision and quality that the finishing required. Through a combination of hard work, planning, and the skills of our staff we were able to meet all of the customer requirements, exceeding their expectations.
Our reputation as a manufacturer is built on our ability to take on the most difficult projects. This customer has put their confidence in our abilities for many years, and considers us one their most trusted suppliers of custom metal fabrication services.
For more information, or to request a quote, contact us directly.Request aCustom Quote
Dip-Brazed Chassis Specifications
- Project Name & Description
- Dip Brazed Computer Chassis
- Capabilities Applied / Processes
- Advanced engineering, CNC Machining, CNC Laser cutting, TIG welding, Dip Brazing (vendor service), complex masking, custom powder coating, multi-color silk-screening
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Haas VF-3 CNC Mill, Miller welder, Amada CNC Press Brake, grinding/sanding equipment, powder coating equip., Silkscreen creation and application.
- Overall Part Dimensions
- 20 x 19 x 5
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- Material Finish
- Powder coat & Silkscreen
- Industry for Use
- In Process Testing/Inspection Performed
- Cut template inspection, mechanical inspection, weld inspection, on-site source inspection, 100% dimensional report, final visual inspection
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 4 weeks
- Delivery Location